Industrial Cleaning Technicians perform the general labor activities of the Industrial Cleaning industry. The Hydro Blaster/Vacuum Technician will perform a wide range of physically strenuous activities that require the strength and flexibility to carry, handle, position, move and manipulate materials and equipment. The operation of vehicles, mechanized devices, or running equipment may be required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensure health and safety is the number one goal by following all policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Must be committed to and able to perform all assigned duties safely, at all times.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate high-pressured water-blaster and vacuum equipment.
- Ensures proper use of the equipment and immediately notify supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Ability to stand, squat, and/or work in possibly uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time.
- Wear and properly use personal protective equipment (PPE.) This includes but not limited to respirators, skin, face, hand, and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- May periodically use computers for training purposes.
- Ensures that tasks are performed safely with the highest level of quality.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors on areas such as safety, quality, and integrity.
- Maintain a positive attitude with a team work mentality at all times.
- Hydroblast technicians are to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Shall be clean shaved at all times
- Must keep up with and maintain all assigned equipment. Any lost or damaged equipment due to negligence will be charge back to the employee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to pass medical screening and drug test (pre-employment, random, and annual)
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with training and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to physically control industrial hydroblasting and vacuum equipment.
- Basic mechanical skill preferred.
- Ability to work long hours (>8+ hours)
- Understands verbal and written instructions
- Health and Safety
- Effective communication
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned
- Able to travel
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Industry related experience preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials
- Large industrial vehicles
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work
- Extreme temperatures
- Noisy conditions
- Exposed to weather
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in atmospheres and locations with potential for exposure to various chemicals, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive.
- Lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting 25 lbs. overhead ten to fifteen times per twelve-hour shift.
- Up to 50 lbs. overhead five to ten times per twelve-hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders in heights of up to 250 feet.
- Exposure to extreme climate, including but not limited to sub-freezing and high temperatures up to 140 degrees.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.