Industrial Cleaning Crew Leaders understand how to set up, perform, operate, maintain, and able to perform minor repairs of hydro blasting equipment as well as understanding C&H Industrial Services and site-specific safety rules and regulations required. The Crew Leader will organize projects and manage an individual crew of employees which includes Technicians and Operators. The Crew Leader will understand and fulfill the duties and job descriptions of Technicians and Operators. The Crew Leader will have the competency to complete project paperwork to support billing, payroll and required safety data. Crew Leaders will have the ability to manage and utilize relationships with customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provides direct supervision, coordination, and continuity to the assigned crew, and necessary communication from dispatch through the supervisor or account manager.
- Performs Job Hazard Awareness to remove all hazards from the workplace.
- Supervises the assigned personnel, equipment, material and subcontractors for the assigned work.
- Ensures work performance is planned and coordinated according to work plan schedule, quality, budget and safety objectives including but not limited to, layout and hookup requirements and assigned crew work lists for setup, processing, rig-down and decontamination.
- Maintains the project work-site in a safe and environmentally sound condition per DOT, EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Supervises assigned C&H Industrial Services personnel and subcontractors and communicates with supervisor regarding employee performance management.
- Ensure equipment is received and maintained in good working condition throughout the job. Report all deficiencies as they arise to all appropriate parties.
- Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound condition as well as report situation in accordance with company regulations and procedures.
- Carryout all company policies.
- Monitor morale of personnel and endeavor to maintain a high level and “team work” attitude.
- Maintain working knowledge of current, applicable regulations.
- Maintain a problem-solving attitude and attempt to procure additional work.
- Must Perform physical labor duties as needed based on client requirements, client contract, staffing constraints, and as directed by the assigned Supervisor or Account Manager.
- Must keep up with and maintain all assigned equipment. Any lost or damaged equipment due to negligence will be charge back to the employee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to and able to perform all assigned duties safely, at all times.
- Must meet all physical requirements and able to safely perform all duties of Industrial Cleaning Technician and Operator.
- Must be thoroughly trained and able to operate industrial vacuum truck, high-pressure industrial water blasters, and other necessary equipment on various projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to understand and follow specific procedures and directions; unwilling to cut corners.
- Must be able to safely and effectively perform decontamination process of assigned equipment as required by specific project and Company policy, preventing cross-contamination between the equipment and/or job sites.
- Basic math skill.
- Must be able to measure qualitative and quantitative work completed by employees
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Performance Management
- Building Winning Teams
- Managing Change
- Safety and Health
- Must have completed the minimum qualifications of a Technician and an Operator.
- 2 years of experience in of industrial cleaning or directly related experience preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials
- Large industrial vehicles
- Computers and other computer systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, Liquid Frameworks, etc.)
- Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work
- extreme temperatures
- Noisy conditions
- Exposed to weather
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
- Walking and stair-climbing on client’s sites during the job-bid process and in support of actual client services being performed (e.g. outages, etc.)
- Lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting 25 lbs. overhead ten to fifteen times per twelve-hour shift.
- Up to 50 lbs. overhead five to ten times per twelve-hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders in heights of up to 250 feet.
- Exposure to extreme climate, including but not limited to sub-freezing and high temperatures up to 140 degrees.