Transports, performs set-up and operational support for inspections. The Operator will operate, maintain, and repair high-pressure water blasting equipment and industrial vacuuming equipment necessary to perform the safe and proper removal, containment, transportation, and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous materials within heavy industrial settings. Industrial Cleaning Operators perform the general labor activities of an Industrial Cleaning Technician as well as operate water blasting and industrial vacuum equipment associated with hazardous and non-hazardous waste cleanup. The operator will need to perform the day-to-day check-ups and maintenance to keep equipment running smooth and efficiently. The operator must know how to troubleshoot the vacuum equipment and hydro blasting equipment on the job.
- Must be committed to and able to perform all assigned duties safely, at all times.
- Must meet all physical requirements and able to safely perform all duties of Industrial Cleaning Technician.
- Must be thoroughly trained and able to operate industrial vacuum truck, high-pressure industrial water blasters, and other necessary equipment on various projects.
- If medically qualified, must obtain Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must possess ability to identify mechanical problems of assigned equipment, perform minor mechanical repair, and/or communicate such problems to necessary person for speedy repairs.
- Must be able to safely and effectively perform decontamination process of assigned equipment as required by specific project and Company policy, preventing cross contamination between equipment and/or job sites.
- Must perform physical labor duties as directed by assigned Crew Leader, Supervisor, and/or Account Manager, including all tasks associated with Industrial Cleaning Technicians.
- Ability to understand and follow specific procedures and directions; unwilling to cut corners.
- Ability to lift in excess of 70lbs over head, repetitively.
- Ability to stand, squat, and/or work in possibly uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts with flexibility; on-call 24/7.
- Ability to work safely in and around heavy machinery in loud, hazardous, and heavy industrial settings.
- Ability to work for extended periods within a confined space.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature environments anywhere between 80 degrees and 140 degrees.
- Ability to work at high elevations from ground level in excess of 250 feet.
- Must have at least 18 months of industrial cleaning or directly related experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must keep up with and maintain all assigned equipment. Any lost or damaged equipment due to negligence will be charge back to the employee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to pass medical screening and drug test (pre-employment, random, and annual)
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with training and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to physically control industrial hydroblasting and vacuum equipment.
- Basic mechanical skill preferred.
- Ability to work long hours (>8+ hours)
- Understands verbal and written instructions
- Health and Safety
- Effective communication
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned
- Able to travel
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Industry related experience preferred
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials
- Large industrial vehicles
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Normal office environment (on-site and off-site locations), outside work
- Extreme temperatures
- Noisy conditions
- Exposed to weather
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in atmospheres and locations with potential for exposure to various chemicals, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive.
- Lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting 25 lbs. overhead ten to fifteen times per twelve-hour shift.
- Up to 50 lbs. overhead five to ten times per twelve-hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders in heights of up to 250 feet.
- Exposure to extreme climate, including but not limited to sub-freezing and high temperatures up to 140 degrees.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.